The library has 5 ukulele kits to lend out to patrons.
Ukulele kits include the following items:
- Ohana soprano ukulele
- Hal Leonard Ukulele Method Book 1
- Ohana CT-22 Electric Tuner with instructions
- The borrower must have a current Lehigh-Carbon Library Cooperative card with no outstanding charges or items.
- The borrower must be 10 years of age or older. If under 18, the borrower must have a Ukulele Kit Borrowing Agreement with a parent or guardian signature on file in the library.
- The borrower must have read and agreed to the Ukulele Lending Policy in its entirety.
- Only one Ukulele kit per person can be checked out at a time. A user may not check out a Ukulele for another person unless that user is a parent or guardian checking out a ukulele for supervised use with their child/ren under the age of 10.
- First come, first served.
- 3 weeks
- May be renewed unless other patrons have placed them on hold.
- Holds can be placed, but no specific date or color of ukulele can be guaranteed.
|Missing/Damaged Lesson Book
|Missing/Damaged Electric Tuner
* Damage to the body, neck, or tuning pegs of the instrument resulting in loss of functionality of the ukulele.
Regulations of Use
- The borrower is responsible for the Ukulele from the time of acceptance until which time staff clears and records its return.
- The Ukulele must be returned directly to staff at the Coplay Public Library desk during normal business hours. Do not return to another library or to the book drop.
- The fine for returning the Ukulele to another library or to the book drop is $15.00.
- The Ukulele and all its accessories must be returned in the same condition as when it was borrowed.
- The working condition of the Ukulele and its accessories will be assessed before checkout and upon its return.
- Borrowers are responsible for damage to the Ukulele and any of its accessories.
- A patron will need to complete a Ukulele Kit Borrowing Agreement acknowledging financial responsibility for damaged or lost musical instruments and/or accessories.
- Overdue fines are $1.00 per day.
- If the Ukulele kit is not returned within two weeks of the due date, the patron will receive a bill for the musical instrument and/or accessories according to the replacement costs listed above.
- The Coplay Public Library does not accept musical instruments purchased by patrons in lieu of payment.
- The Coplay Public Library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses the musical instruments or is repeatedly late in returning the Ukulele kits.
Proper Care and Use
- Ukuleles are not toys, but actual musical instruments.
- Ukuleles may not be altered in any way. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Switching the strings
- Adding stickers
- Removing hardware
- Use very small turns on the pegs to tune. Ohana CT-22 clip on tuners are included in the Ukulele Kits.
- Check out ukulele great Cynthia Lin's tutorial on how to tune your ukulele with an electric tuner
- Keep the Ukulele in the carrying bag when not in use.
- Do not expose the ukulele to extreme temperatures. (ex. Sitting in a heated or freezing car all day.) Extreme temperatures may break the wood.