Thank you for considering donating your gently used items to us!
As part of the fundraising initiative for our annual budget, the Coplay Public Library welcomes donations for our book sales in April and October. It is through the donation of gently used books, DVDs, music/audiobook CDs, and jigsaw puzzles from generous people like you that our book sales have been such a success!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept all materials and sometimes we need to turn items away. Please take a moment to look at the following guidelines for donated materials, including items that we do not accept:
- All donated items become the property of the Coplay Public Library.
- Items MUST be donated during Library hours and NOT put in the book drop or left outside.
- All donated items must be in good condition.
- If you have a large donation (more than 3 boxes), please call the Library first. Donated items are evaluated with care and there is limited storage space for them while they are being processed.
- The library is a 501(c)3.
- Receipts for tax purposes may be requested. However, by law the Library cannot set values for any donated items. Donors may count their own items and keep their own records.
Items Which Are Not Accepted
- Appliance Manuals
- Dictionaries or thesauruses
- Law or medical books
- Readers Digest condensed books
- World records books
- Most magazines (including National Geographic)
- VHS & Audio cassette tapes
- Items that are very old or damaged in any way - including:
- Missing pages
- Torn pages
- Yellowed pages
- Covered with dirt
- Covered with cobwebs
- Dusty covers
- Broken spines
- Writing, coloring, or highlighting
- Water damage or stains
- Offensive odors
Disposing of Items the Library Cannot Accept
We can offer you the following alternatives. Please be advised that it would be best to call or email ahead of time in order to check with these locations about their donation policies and guidelines and to ensure they are accepting items at this time.
- 2nd & Charles: 2590 MacArthur Rd. Whitehall, PA 18052; 610-776-1903
- American Family Services Family Thrift Shoppe: 1025 MacArthur Rd. Whitehall, PA 18052; 610-435-1230
- Better World Books Drop-boxes
- Goodwill Store & Donation Center: 2675 MacArthur Rd. Whitehall, PA 18052; 610-294-4600
- Local family centers
- Local senior centers
- Salvation Army Family Store: 1195 Mickley Rd. Whitehall, PA 18052; 570-823-4248; email@example.com
- Sixth Street Shelter: 219 North 6th St. #4111 Allentown, PA 18102; 610-435-1490
- Allentown Recycling Center is open to all Lehigh Valley residents; 1400 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive (near the 15th Street Bridge)